Warrior cross country competes at NSIC Championships

Victoria Larson/Winonan

The Winona State University men and women’s cross country teams hit the course in Falcon Heights at Les Bolstad Golf Course on Saturday for the NSIC Conference Championships.

The Winona State men finished seventh as a team. The Augustana Vikings finished first overall for their seventh straight title, while Sioux Falls, Minnesota State Moorhead, University of Mary and Minnesota Duluth followed.

Junior Seth Reel was the top finisher for the Warriors with a time of 26:24.9, coming in sixth place and earning First Team All-NSIC honors in the process.

Sophomore Reed Parent ran in 27:02.9 to finish 21st, while seniors Nick Couillard, Benjamin Clausen, and Shane Carlson finished the 8000-meter race 25th, 45th, and 67th respectively.

Sophomore Charles Schauer recorded a time of 27:48.9 for a 42nd place finish, with first-year Dreux Selzler ran to a 43rd place finish in 27:50.9.

The Winona State women finished fourth overall with 116 points, beating Northern State by three points. Minnesota Duluth claimed the event title while University of Mary, and Augustana placed second and third, respectively.

Senior Jordan Paschke finished 14th to lead the Warriors with a time of 23:34.1. Sophomore Raissa Hansen finished two seconds behind her teammate with a time of 23:36.1 for 15th place, while junior Amanda Kaiser rounded out the top 20 placing a time of 23:59.7. Paschke, Hansen and Kaiser all earned Second Team All-NSIC Honors.

Junior Madeline Martell placed 28th with a time of 24:24.3, while sophomore Katie Vergeront finished 39th in 24:48.4.

Winona State will head to Tom Rutledge Course in Joplin, Mo. to compete in the NCAA Regional Saturday, Nov. 7.