The Winona State University Student Newspaper

The Winonan

The Winona State University Student Newspaper

The Winonan

The Winona State University Student Newspaper

The Winonan

Winona State University was the first “normal school” opened west of the Mississippi and only 20 students were enrolled in the  school’s only program, a 2-year teaching program. College Hall, now known as Somsen, was built in 1866 as the college’s first permanent building. The picture on the left was contributed by the Darrell W. Krueger Library.

Campus construction through the years

McKenna Scherer, Features Reporter
October 2, 2019
Load More Stories