Volleyball achieves two sweeps

Jenna Statz, Sports Reporter

The Warriors dominated on both sides of the net Friday, Nov. 8, as they completed a season sweep of Bemidji State University.

Winona State defeated the Beavers by scores of 25-18, 25-21 and 25-16.

On Saturday, Nov. 9, Winona State concluded its final regular season road trip with another sweep against University of Minnesota Crookston.

The Warriors completed their perfect sweep by set scores of 25-17, 25-17 and 25-16.

After this weekend, the Winona State Warriors improved to 20-6 overall and 12-6 in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).

Leading the way for the Warriors this weekend was junior Megan Flom and sophomore Cori Meyers with 31 and 15 kills respectively over both games.

Junior Bre Maloney contributed to both wins this weekend by assisting her teammates 74 times throughout both matches.

On the defensive side of things this weekend for the Warriors, sophomore Megan Flom shut things down with six blocks and junior Becca Pagel helped her teammates out, recording 36 digs.

Looking forward at the Warriors upcoming schedule, the team will be returning to their home court this weekend taking on No. 8 St. Cloud State University on Friday, Nov. 8, and No. 5 University of Minnesota Duluth Saturday, Nov. 9.

On Monday, Nov. 11 it was announced the team is currently ranked No. 16 in the AVCA rankings.