Before the clock starts: a fall preview in photos

Winona+State+University%E2%80%99s+Dance+Team+performing+their+halftime+routine+at+the+football+game+last+Thursday%2C+Aug.+31+at+the+Altra+Federal+Credit+Union+Stadium.+The+Dance+Team+performs+halftime+shows+at+both+football+and+basketball+games%2C+and+competes+in+regional+competitions+throughout+Minnesota+and+Wisconsin.+The+team+placed+fourth+in+the+2016+NDA+National+Championships+in+Daytona+Beach%2C+FL+and+have+hopes+of+going+back+this+year.+
Winona State University’s Dance Team performing their halftime routine at the football game last Thursday, Aug. 31 at the Altra Federal Credit Union Stadium. The Dance Team performs halftime shows at both football and basketball games, and competes in regional competitions throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. The team placed fourth in the 2016 NDA National Championships in Daytona Beach, FL and have hopes of going back this year.

Nikko Aries

Nikko Aries

Nicole Girgen
Women’s Soccer
Top: Freshman Camryn Cadiz pushes the ball down field at Friday’s game against Michigan Technology University in Altra Federal Credit Union Stadium. The Warriors head into their first NSIC game with a current record of 1-1, against Upper Iowa University.

Volleyball
Bottom: Senior Danielle Rampart spikes the ball over University of Minnesota Crookston’s blockers in a game last fall. The team is ranked fifth in the preseason coaches’ poll for overall finish in the conference. Volleyball plays their next game on Friday, Sept. 8 in Indianapolis, IN against the Stonehill College Skyhawks.

Nikko Aries
Cheer Team
Left: The WSU cheer team encourages the crowd at Thursday’s football game. The Cheer Team performs during football and basketball games, and as of this year, has become a part of the New Warrior Game Day Experience, which takes place before every home football game.

Rugby
Right: Winona State Rugby player charges the ball through a pack at a match last year. The Black Katts first match of the season is the All Minnesota Tournament on Sept. 9-10 in Elk River, MN. The Black Katts were the 2016 ACRA 7’s National Champions adding another national title under the team’s belt.

Nikko Aries
After kicking off their season with a win against Bemidji State University on Thursday, Sept. 31, the Winona State football team prepares itself for the rest of the season. The Warriors are predicted to finish sixth overall in the conference. The first home game of the season was also the debut of the New Warrior Game Day Experience, which takes place before every home football game.