Men’s cross country finishes in top half

The+men%E2%80%99s+cross+country+team+poses+for+a+picture+post-race.+From+left+to+right%3A+first+years+Kyle+Turba%2C+Adam+Siira%2C+and+Cole+Cohorst%2C+senior+Max+Gonzalez%2C+junior+Jesse+Frank%2C+seniors+Charles+Schauer+and+Ethan+Hemmelman%2C+sophomores+Justin+Santopadre+and+Garrett+Zakrzewski%2C+seniors+Ross+Stevensen+and+Reed+Parent+and+sophomore+Micah+Warning.+

Contributed by Jesse Frank

The men’s cross country team poses for a picture post-race. From left to right: first years Kyle Turba, Adam Siira, and Cole Cohorst, senior Max Gonzalez, junior Jesse Frank, seniors Charles Schauer and Ethan Hemmelman, sophomores Justin Santopadre and Garrett Zakrzewski, seniors Ross Stevensen and Reed Parent and sophomore Micah Warning.

Emma Cavanaugh, Sports Editor

Winona State Men’s Cross Country team finished 10th out of 26 teams on Friday, Sept. 1. The team ran in the annual Augustana Twilight Cross Country Meet, held in Sioux Falls, SD. The first Warrior to cross the line was senior Reed Parent. He came in 71st overall, with a time of 21:00.69. After Parent, the next Warrior in was first-year Kyle Turba. Turba ran the four mile race with a time of 21:24.27, earning him 108th overall. Less than half a minute later, first-year Cole Cohorst crossed the line to take 141st place, 33 runners between Cohorst and Turba. Cohorst’s time was 21:49.59. Right behind Cohorst, ran sophomore Micah Warning. He ran a 21:59.24 to take 149th place.

The men’s team will next run at the St. Olaf Invitational at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16, in Northfield, Minn.