All Roads Lead Home: a story in photos

Sophomore+Jake+Ballio%2C+a+wide+receiver+for+Winona+State+celebrates+a+touchdown+with+a+teammate+at+Saturday%2C+Oct.+21%E2%80%99s+Homecoming+game+against+Wayne+State+University+in+Altra+Credit+Federal+Union+Stadium.+The+Warriors+won+42-19+this+weekend%2C+continuing+their+winning+streak+for+the+season.++

Nicole Girgen

Sophomore Jake Ballio, a wide receiver for Winona State celebrates a touchdown with a teammate at Saturday, Oct. 21’s Homecoming game against Wayne State University in Altra Credit Federal Union Stadium. The Warriors won 42-19 this weekend, continuing their winning streak for the season.

Students and cheerleaders line the road to cheer on members of the Winona State football team during the new Game Day Experience on Saturday, Oct. 21. Winona State’s Game Day Experience is a tail-gating opportunity introduced this year where student, staff, alumni, community members and parents of players can come together before football games.

Brynn Artley
Winona State University Children’s Center representatives throw candy to the crowd as they pass by during the Homecoming parade last Saturday, Oct. 21. The Children’s Center operates 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, 12 months a year in one on-campus location at Wabasha Hall and one off-campus location at Madison Elementary School.

Nicole Girgen
Members of the Winona State Dance and Cheerleading Teams finish off their joint half-time performance at the Homecoming Game last Saturday, Oct. 21 in Altra Credit Federal Union Stadium.

Nicole Girgen
Students cheer on the Warriors football team during the Homecoming game last Saturday, Oct. 21 against Wayne State University. The Warriors won the Homecoming football game, rocketing them to a still undefeated 8-0 standing, the best record Winona State football has held since 1998, when they started their season 9-0. Saturday, Oct. 28 will prove to be an intense game, as the Warriors take on the also undefeated Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Student volunteers cross the street carrying trash bags as they cleaned up after Homecoming festivities as part of the Clean Sweep Initiative.

Morgan Reddekopp
The Homecoming Court applauds as the Royalty is crowned at coronation in Harriet Johnson Auditorium on Sunday, Oct. 15.

Brynn Artley
The Winona State Tennis team members waved to the crowd as they sat in and walked behind the back of a car during the Winona State University Homecoming parade.
Other Winona State students and alumni marched through the streets of Winona passing out candy and other prizes while waving and showing off their float decorating skills.
Some Winona State clubs and organizations included Greek organizations like Sigma Tau Gamma and Alpha Sigma Tau, sports teams like the Winona State football team and the Winona State dance team and hall of fame inductees.