Warrior Homecoming 2018: a story in photos

Head+Coach+Tom+Sawyer+celebrates+a+big+win+with+his+team+after+the+homecoming+game+on+Saturday%2C+Oct.+6+in+the+Altra+Federal+Credit+Union+Stadium.+The+Warriors+won+54-13+against+the+University+of+Mary+Marauders%2C+heading+into+the+last+half+of+their+season+with+four+wins+and+two+losses.+
Head Coach Tom Sawyer celebrates a big win with his team after the homecoming game on Saturday, Oct. 6 in the Altra Federal Credit Union Stadium. The Warriors won 54-13 against the University of Mary Marauders, heading into the last half of their season with four wins and two losses.

Derek Dravis

Derek Dravis

Nicole Girgen, Photo Editor

Derek Dravis
First-year free safety Kenneth Sanders runs through the endzone, scoring a touchdown for the Warriors on Saturday, Oct. 6 against the University of Mary.

Nicole Girgen
Homecoming King Julian Rodriguez waves from the Sigma Tau Gamma float during the Homecoming Parade on Saturday, Oct. 6 as they pass Mugby Junction.

Derek Dravis
Students cheer on the football team during Saturday, Oct. 6’s game against the University of Mary. The Warriors were able to take home the win with a score of 54-13.

Morgan Reddekopp
Winona State University students learn about clubs and organizations during the Homecoming Club Fair on Friday, Oct. 5 near the Gazebo.

Nicole Girgen
Homecoming Parade announcer Aaron Repinski speaks to Winona State President Scott Olson about his predictions for the afternoon’s football game during the parade on Saturday, Oct. 6.

Morgan Reddekopp
Students stay warm and make s’mores during a homecoming event on Thursday, Oct. 4 outside the library.

About the Contributors
Natalie Tyler, Photographer

Natalie Tyler is a photographer for the Winonan. This is her first year in journalism.

Tyler is currently in her first year at Winona State University, and is majoring in Mass Communications- Creative Digital Media, and triple minoring in Creative Writing, Journalism, and Dance.

In addition to her work at the Winonan, Tyler manages her own photography business, writes for Her-Campus, and is a part of SCJ and Winona State’s Dance Department. When not at work, Tyler loves writing, editing pictures, and hanging out with friends. Her dream job is to create book covers.

Morgan Reddekopp, News Reporter

Morgan Reddekopp works as online editor, news reporter and photographer for the Winonan. Before working at the Winonan, Reddekopp worked for two years as a reporter for the Eagan Independent, the school newspaper of Eagan High School in the Twin Cities. She also writes the Dog of the Week column.

Reddekopp is currently in her second year at Winona State University, and is majoring in Mass Communications – Creative Digital Media, and minoring in both Advertising and English: Creative Writing. Her dream job would be working as a photojournalist for National Geographic.

Along with working at the Winonan, Reddekopp also acts as the Vice President of the Society of Collegiate Journalists for Winona State University. Her hobbies include photography, painting and writing.

Derek Dravis, Photographer

Derek Dravis works as a photographer for the Winonan. Before working at the Winonan, Dravis worked as a photographer for his high school athletic teams. Dravis is currently in his fourth year at Winona State University, and is majoring in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. His dream job would be working as a photographer for ESPN.

Along with working at the Winonan, Dravis also acts as the President of Education Minnesota Student Programming and Head Sports Photographer for Winona State University Athletics. His hobbies include photography, hunting and fishing.