Volleyball wins two at home

Junior+Megan+Flom+moves+to+spike+against+Minot+State+University+on+Saturday%2C+Oct.+26+in+the+McCown+Gymnasium.+

Nicole Girgen

Junior Megan Flom moves to spike against Minot State University on Saturday, Oct. 26 in the McCown Gymnasium.

Jenna Staz, Volleyball Reporter

The No. 17 Winona State University volleyball ended their weekend homestand with two conference wins.

The Warriors showed all their skill on Friday night with a three straight set win over University of Mary winning by set scores of 25-14, 25-12 and 25-12.

Coming off a sweep Friday night, the Warriors lost the opening set against Minot State University on Saturday, but got together for three straight wins to take the match.

The Warriors completed their winning weekend by set scores of 23-25, 25-15, 25-16 and 25-17.

Taking wins over both of their games this weekend, Winona State improves to 17-4 overall and 9-4 in the NSIC.

However, Bass says the team is focused on their record.

“We are so focused on our process and outcome goals as a team and building each and every day in practice and in games to be on top in our conference and beyond that,” Bass said. “We are not worried about numbers right now; we are more concerned with growing and improving as a team every day.”

Leading the way for the Warriors this weekend was junior Megan Flom and sophomore Paige Christopher who both achieved double digits in kills with 27 and 14 kills reover both games.

Junior Bre Maloney helped by assisting her teammates 57 times over both matches.

On the defensive side of things, sophomore Madison Rizner shut things down with nine blocks, and junior Becca Pagel helped her teammates out recording 41 digs.

Looking forward at the Warriors upcoming schedule, the team will be back on the road Thursday as they travel to No. 21 Upper Iowa University. The Warriors then return back to their homecourt as they take on Minnesota State University-Mankato on Saturday.