Kryzsko After Dark Returns for October

Mohammed Islam

Masked students sit and create DIY keychains at Kryzsko Commons, on Friday, Oct. 2. Students must now adapt to mask ordinances and social distancing guidelines while engaging in on-campus activities.

Kelli Knobloch, Features Reporter

On Friday, Oct. 2, the Warrior Entertainment Network (formerly known as UPAC) held the second Kryzsko After Dark event of the school year.

Kryzsko After Dark (KAD) is an event that usually takes place once a month in Kryzsko Commons from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. During this time, students “take over” Kryzsko Commons and are able to engage in fun activities on campus.

The first KAD event was held back in January 2020 with the second event taking place in February 2020.

Some past events included bingo, indoor ice skating, trivia, escape rooms and different DIY projects.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, representatives from KAD said they had had to go through some changes to make sure attendees could still participate in activities while staying safe according to university regulations for social distancing.

The Warrior Entertainment Network said they made sure that students followed the guidelines set by the university. In accordance to the state mandate, masks were required indoors and any equipment that was used was sanitized after.

Rickey Marshally, a third-year computer science major, attended the event with her roomates.

“I really like that they are still continuing the event since it gives us something to look forward to do with friends,” Marshally said. “They did a really good job at keeping everyone safe, while still letting us roam and have fun.”

Some of the events for this KAD included trivia, mini golf, DIY keychains and a live performance by the Great DuBois circus show.

For those who may be uncomfortable with attending the event in person, the Great Dubois show was streamed over Zoom where students could access it in the safety of their homes.

There was also free Panda Express given out, as well as the chance to win some prizes, including a Nintendo Switch.

“The event was really fun, and I am excited to see what the next KAD event will have,” Marshally said.

The opinions expressed in this paper are not necessarily those of Winona State University, the Minnesota State Colleges and University system, or the Winona State University student body.