Dancescape 2018 in photo review

Left+to+right%3A+Adelle+Vietor%2C+Courtney+Harms+and+Noah+Tashner+in+their+performance+of+%E2%80%9CTether%E2%80%9D+in+the+Theatre+and+Dance+department%E2%80%99s+annual+production+of+Dancescape.+

Kendahl Schlueter

Left to right: Adelle Vietor, Courtney Harms and Noah Tashner in their performance of “Tether” in the Theatre and Dance department’s annual production of Dancescape.

Kendahl Schlueter, Photographer

Dancescape is an annual production held by the Theatre and Dance department. Each year, dance students are encouraged to choreograph and audition different pieces for the production.

Auditions for dancers are held in early fall, and rehearsals run all the way up until the final show. The performance featured 14 pieces, including Dark Ecology, a piece choreographed by guest artist Olive Bieringa.

Bieringa came to the university during the fall semester as part of the Body Cartography Project, sponsored by the Winona State Lyceum Committee. During the 10-minute intermission, the dancers gave a preview to Dark Ecology, interacting with the audience through improvisational dance and phrases spoken into a microphone.

The next dance performance will be the Senior Show, coming up this spring.

Kendahl Schlueter
Adelle Vietor and Noah Tashner begin their Dancescape performance “Tether” choreographed by faculty member Gretchen Cohenor on the Vivian Fusillo Main Stage Theatre.

Kendahl Schlueter
Left to right: Courtney Harms, Noah Tashner, Adelle Vietor and Wesley Holm perform “Tether” during Dancescape on the Vivian Fusillo Main Stage Theatre. The piece was choreographed by Winona State dance program director Gretchen Cohenour.

Kendahl Schlueter
Nick Garcia and Adyson Johnson perform “Perpendicular” for THAD’s annual Dancescape program on the Vivian Fusillo Main Stage Theatre. This piece was choreographed and performed by Garcia and Johnson.

Kendahl Schlueter
Noah Tashner pulls Adelle Vietor during their performance of Gretchen Cohenor’s choreographed Dancescape piece “Tether”. Dancescape is an annual production held by the Theatre and Dance Department at Winona State.